Free online course for 6 weeks. Estimated 2 hours/week to complete.
Description: “The United Nations considers violence against women to be a grave violation of human rights of epidemic proportions. Such violence has profoundly negative consequences for individuals, communities and entire societies. This is why violence against women is a priority issue for governments and societies around the world. On this course you will learn about the roots of violence against women, the principles of gender inequality at its centre and most importantly, how to challenge entrenched attitudes that impact women the world over. Topics include:
- Key concepts – Gender, Power and Violence
- Defining and explaining Violence Against Women
- Impact of Violence Against Women from a range of perspectives
- Media and Cultural representations of Violence Against Women
- Public and Professional responses to Violence Against Women
- Preventing Violence Against Women – national and international approaches”